Julie Thayer: Yoga Coach – E-RYT 500, Women’s Health & Trauma Specialist, Kind Movement Expert, Creator of RECLAIMED – The Mastery™, Contributing Author of Best-Selling Book Change Makers, Mental Health Advocate & Self-Care Champion
Julie has been a fitness enthusiast all her life. An athlete in her early years, her motto was “Harder. Stronger. Faster!” and thus, her relationship with yoga was, shall we say, tenuous at best. A nagging curiosity compelled her repeatedly back to her mat, until she eventually began to embrace the idea less is more. And then she fell hard and fast for this yoga thing. Joyfully understanding that connection to breath, mindful movement, and kind alignment, supports the integration of the whole and inspires vitality in all the layers of ones’ being. Julie is a firm believer in becoming the champion of your own self-care and she will inspire you to discover your own capacity to cultivate an optimal state of being through your personal yoga practice, both on and off your mat.
Having navigated her own healing journey from chronic physical pain, lifelong depression, and anxiety, Julie specializes in helping women successfully overcome their physical and/or mental-emotional pain and illness, to reclaim their lives, and return to empowered feel-good-living. Her passion for yoga, and a sincere desire to serve her clients, is the inspiration behind her signature program, RECLAIMED – The Mastery™. In this 1-Year 1:1 immersion program, Julie utilizes proven yoga and self-care strategies to propel sustainable whole health transformation for the women with whom she works worldwide. She is also a contributing author of the bestselling book, Change MAKERS – 20 transformational stories from women making an impact in the lives of others. In her chapter, Julie shares her story of overcoming deep depression and surviving suicide.
A little more about Julie: she completed her…
• RYT 200 teacher training at White Lotus Foundation in Santa Barbara, CA under the direction of Ganga White, Tracey Rich, and Sven Holcomb. It was a life-altering experience, to say the least.
• RYT 500 teacher training mentoring with Karen Claffey and the esteemed faculty of The Heaven on Earth Yoga Institute in Stoney Creek, Ontario. Julie’s studies at Heaven on Earth focused upon Structural Alignment based upon Anusara Universal Principles of Alignment. This intensive training profoundly impacted Julie’s deeper understanding of the power of yoga to both nurture and inspire one’s mind, body, and soul.
- Anatomy and Physiology, Yoga for Chronic Pain with Neil Pearson
- Yoga for Cancer, End-of-Life and Chronic Illness with Jnani Chapman
- Yoga for Grief Relief, with Antonio Sausys
- Yoga Cosmology, Psychology and The Chakras with Kaoverii Weber
- LifeForce Yoga for Anxiety and Depression with Joy Bennett and Amy Weintraub
- Introduction to Ayurveda with Nitin Shah M.D.
- Yoga for Arthritis, Osteoporosis, and Fibromyalgia; Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
• SUP Yoga Teacher Training/Paddle into Fitness Certification and Level 1 WPA SUP Instructor Certification with Gillian Gibree and Paddle Into Fitness
Let’s breathe together, be mindful, move kindly, create space, practice playfully, explore compassionately. – yours in feel-good living, Julie